Awards and involvements:
- Recipient of the 2013 AIGA/Design Observer 50 Books/50 Covers Award
- First place in the 2015 New York Book Show for scholarly interior design
- Selected entry for the 2018 AUP Book, Jacket and Journal Show.
- Speaker at the annual College Media Convention "How to Turn your Literary Love into a Career"
- SCAD Radio alumni, New York Cares volunteer (English conversation partner)
- Published in the SCAD literary journal Artemis
- Focus of Skirt Magazine's "Featured Woman of the Month."
Education: Savannah College of Art and Design
Bachelor's of Fine Arts in Graphic Design and Creative Writing
Jordan Wannemacher is a book designer based in the NYC area. She was born and art school educated in the Southeast at the Savannah College of Art and Design where she focused on graphic design and creative writing.
Currently, she is running Studio Jordan Wannemacher, a boutique book design studio. Studio Jordan Wannemacher provides cover design, interior design, and book composition and production work. Because of her well-rounded University Press background, Jordan likes to have her hand in all aspects of the design and production process.
She was previously Senior Designer at Rodale Books and Columbia University Press. She has also freelanced for Flatiron Books, FSG, Bellevue Literary Press, Wisdom Publications, NYU Press, The University of Pittsburgh Press, and Stanford University Press.
She loves Radiohead, Flannery O'Conner, yoga, Japanese food, type design, fancy soaps, and the color green.